MILD OA_________________________________________________SEVERE OA
THINGS YOU CAN DO:
• Eat smarter, smaller portions
Low impact exercise
• Cycling, swimming, water aerobics, elliptical glider, stairmaster, treadmill
• Glucosamine/ Chondroitin Sulfate/ MSM. (1 pill twice a day for at least a month)
Over the counter medications
• Ibuprofen/ Advil/ Motrin (2-3 tabs 3 times a day as needed)
• Naprosyn/ Aleve (1-2 tabs 3 times a day as needed)
• Tylenol (1-2 tabs 3 times a day as needed)
• Take medications as directed.
• Take medications with food.
• If you take the higher doses daily, check with your primary care provider about follow up blood tests for kidney and liver function.